The 2013 Painting Challenge is a friendly way to encourage gamers to paint a completely new army by the end of 2013. Of course you don't have to paint an entire army to take part if you don't want to; you can paint an entry for the Golden Demon, or you could paint an entry for Armies on Parade, or you could paint whatever. But if you want to take part in the Army Painting Challenge then here are the rules :-
1. Each participant must post at least once per month.
2. Each participant must paint the models himself!
3. In the first month you must paint either an HQ choice and a Troop choice if painting a 40K army, or if painting a Fantasy army then a Character and a Core Unit.
4. In each further month you must paint a Force Organisation slot if painting a 40K army/Unit or Character if painting a Fantasy army.
5. As you paint your army, post photos and write about why you're painting what you picked for your army, how you're painting it, any tips or tricks you want to share, or indeed anything else on your mind about the Challenge.
6. The entire army must be finished by the end of the year, either to 2000 points for 40K, or 2500 if painting a Fantasy army.