Monday 11 February 2013

Back in the Game

Well it all seems quiet on the Panic Rising Blog, so I thought I'd post a quick update-

There's two parts to this (well three, as the blogger iPhone app won't let me post photos anywhere but the end)... The second being my own hobby progress. The first is this-Community (not the TV show).

Having the blog and Facebook group for the Army Challenge has been awesome, BUT, more importantly, has reminded me of one of the big reasons why I like playing with small plastic soldiers (also known as Man-Barbies): the community of like minded geek culture and beer drinking that accompanies it! I don't get much beer drinking in at the moment, as my boy is still too young to join in, but I have loved seeing the posts on everyone else's work, as well as getting advice and feed back on my own! I have even had a fellow gamer post me some zombie bits out of the goodness of his heart (the wonderful BEN), which was AWESOME of him, and very generous! This kind of exchange is brilliant.

This may get a little sentimental, but getting to build this sense of community through mutual banter and hobbying advice has both made me very happy, and also really inspired me to keep sneaking in an extra coat of paint here, and some more plastic scythes on a model there..! I am certainly checking FB a lot more often than necessary, after posting a painting or modelling picture, to see what people think of it!

The other thing that is very helpful is a deadline-I've got it into my head that I can get 1750 points painted by march to use at The Spikey Clubs SVA event (with the knowledge that I can borrow some chaos allies if needs be - thanks 6th!) - so paint brushes ahoy, and I'll crush (I mean 'see') you at SVA!

HOBBY PROGRESS:

Painted up 5 immortals- fun, and not too taxing...
Built a couple of wraiths-great, but the decision to put decomposing cyber zombies controlling them has made them a big project. 3 more to build!
3 Crypteks built-enjoyed making these guys a lot-they feel very unique!

Also sourced loads of bits for other junky robots, and cyber zombies-as well as vehicles - which will be pretty big conversions! Including the Manifactorum terrain set, for building junkloader ghost arks!

Photos:



















No comments:

Post a Comment