Wednesday 26 December 2012

Concept models

 Yesterday I had the chance to make a start on a few ideas I've got from my Lovecraftian themed 40K army for our 2013 army challenge over at Dan's house. The goal, which I suspect I won't fully meet is to have an HQ and troops unit finished by the end of January. As my list is Tyranid based that means lots of troop models. My idea at the moment is to build a Tervigon Shub Niggurath who births Dark Young Termagants. The central figure in these photos is a concept for one. It's based on plastic Gor beastmen, and this one has three cloven hoofed legs and some tentacles. The bulbous mouth part is to represent the Fleshborer 'gun'. Tentacles are damn hard to make and I need more flexible wire than the stuff I used, however I like the thin, non-octopoid look of them. I need to make them separately and let the green stuff set before molding them onto the amorphous and many mouth-eyed bodies. They are going to take a long time to make, perhaps even an hour each, but they'll be worth it.

The other models are two degenerate cultists. I used Hobbit goblins for this as they look very hunched, deformed and not a little fishy. Adding hoods to them is difficult because of their hunched shoulders, so I may have to rethink that a little. The model on the left has the face of tentacled Genestealer.

In the picture below are a number of brain-like Tyranid bits that I'm planning to use as heads for my Mi-Go fungi Gargoyles. Amazing what you find rummaging around in a Tyranid bitz box courtesy of Dan.   

No comments:

Post a Comment