Monday 17 December 2012

The stars are right!

Before the sane and sentient beings of the universe formed the chaos gods out of their raw emotions and fears there were things that slid in and out of reality, things that ruled the stars before even the Necrons. And like the Necrons they slept, in the dark spaces between the stars and the gaps in reality. Now, with the final accent of the end the very stars are aligning to awaken the Elder and Outer gods for the last confrontation when all will battle against great Cthulhu and his allies.

So for a long time I've wanted to make a Cthulhu themed army, and have deliberated between army books, and have considered Chaos Daemons with Chaos Space Marine allies or Tyranids. With this challenge on I think I've finally settled on Tyranids, because they're an army I haven't tried before. With the codex having so many monstrous creatures it gives me the opportunity to model all sorts of tentacled nightmares and strange things,

My troops choices will be made up of Mi-Go Gargolyes, Cultist Termagent, Ghoul Hormagents, with Colour Out Of Space ripper swarms and Night Gaunt or Byakee Winged Warriors. Perhaps Hounds Of Tindalos might be Genestealers. Lot's of deep striking Cthonians and winged creatures lesser gods, with lasher tendrils and few shooting attacks will be the order of the day. Shoggoths, Black Goats of Shub Niggurath  can make the Carnifexs and the like. 

I intend to make a lot myself but will try and use some GW bits to vaguely keep it GW legal as well as making sure my models are at least as high as their Tyranid counterparts.

And of course there will be a flying Hive Tyrant from R'lyeh.

1 comment:

  1. a mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqa sarmadi fa itha yaji ash-shuthath al-mautu qad yantahi.

    ReplyDelete