Thursday 10 January 2013

Rise of the Refuse

My entering into the army challenge is largely thanks to the HATE (Hackney Area Tabletop Enthusiasts) crew's massive support-especially my good friends Toby Wrong and Dakari Mane- as if it wasn't for them then life, a new flat and toddler would have continued to take all my free time... However, a very generous birthday present of a nearly complete NIB Necron army has given me no excuse to not get involved..! It's been a good few years since I've painted anything more than a Blood Bowl team, and I'm very excited!

So conceptually, I'm looking forward to playing the army, but I'm not so keen on the clean, carbon copy look to necrons-it doesn't suit my painting style or excite my imagination, instead I've been imagining a more piecemeal horror... A junk planet. Think Mark XIII meets Wall-E. a cybernetic Scrapmancer building killing machines from the refuse deep below an unsuspecting hive planet.

I like the idea of my Necron lords being still part human-the planetary overlord and his administarium advisors, corrupted by some ancient arechotec they discovered... Now rotting bodies sustained in cybernetic husks. So my first HQ will be a lord on a command barge-more like a scrap trawler...

My troops will be a decent mob of 15 necron warriors. The necrons them selves will be made from junk and crap-still using the skull heads here and there... But also tank tracks, smoke launchers and comms relays, that can replace heads, bodies and legs. Big thanks to Toby for use of his Orc bits bag!

As for colours I want rust, paint chips and dirty metal, with some industrial hazard stripes / hi vis... The pics show how I'm going so far... Really looking forward to my wraiths and ghost ark (a kind of rustbucket skip/rubbish trawling skimmer!) - I'm loving the individual feel so far!

"As long as there is civilisations, as long as there is war, there will be waste. As long as there is waste, We thrive..."











No comments:

Post a Comment